Tourism Management Program Educational Objectives
2019 Edition, Based on CMO 62, Series of 2017, SMCTI VMK, ILO and Core Values
The Tourism Management Program aims to provide students with the needed professional preparation and training for exciting and rewarding careers in the tourism industry.
Having completed the four-year Bachelor of Science in Tourism Management, the graduate is expected to:
- Live the Christian faith and be a witness to the values of Christ in himself/herself in his/her interaction with others in the community.
- Practice commendably as a world-class and hospitality-oriented professional imbued with Ignacian-Marian values.
- Establish various linkages with local and international organizations that will continuously upgrade his/her professional qualifications.
- Demonstrate effectively the knowledge and skills with excellence in order to meet the demands of both local and international tourism industry.
- Apply conscientiously appropriate Information and Communications Technology (ICT) in the Tourism Business Enterprise.
- Generate efficiently and effectively Tourism Planning Development (TPD) programs to existing tourism destinations to enhance business operations and address relevant community needs.